The Kenya Association of Tour Operators (KATO) is Kenya's foremost tourism trade association, representing the interests of over 250 of the leading and most experienced professional tour operators in Kenya. Our members are amongst the finest safari operators in the world, and offer a wide range of services that can be broadly divided into the following categories: -
- Air safaris
- Incentive travel group safaris
- Custom safaris for individual travellers
- Camping safaris (luxury & budget)
- Indian Ocean & Coast holidays
- Cultural & Community Safaris
- Golf Safaris
- Agro Safaris
- Special interest safaris (e.g. mountaineering, deep sea fishing, horse riding)
- To be a leading Tourism Trade Association in the Region, offering world class services through its members to the traveling public.
- To uphold the good reputation of Kenya as a tourist destination by ensuring that Kenyan Tour Operators maintain the highest possible standards of service and value.
- To uphold the good reputation of Kenya as a tourist destination by ensuring that Kenya Tour Operators maintain the highest standards of service and value.
- To give agents and individual clients alike the confidence of knowing that Kenya has mechanisms designed to consider the possible redress of any wrongs which a client may have suffered.
- To recommend certain standards which the government might consider in determining whether or not to grant or renew the licence of an operator.
- To provide means for the Association’s members to seek protection or redress in any dispute either with another member or a non-member of the association.
- To endeavour to instil a spirit of unity and loyalty to each other amongst members of the association.
Whatever your Safari needs, you can be sure that you are in good hands when dealing with a KATO member. We however wish to alert intending visitors to the existence of some unscrupulous tour companies that attempt to deceive potential visitors into believing that they are KATO members, while in fact they are not. Should you be in doubt, please check the KATO membership list contained in this website www.katokenya.org Any company that does not appear in the list is NOT a KATO member. We would further be grateful if you could report all such offenders so that appropriate action can be taken against them.